|Margaritas with Jesus! And 10 other things!||Aug 26, ’09 6:55 PM
for Mel ‘s network
1) Michelle sent me some Jesus pencil toppers a few weeks ago. Since I don’t use pencils, I found a new use for them. I don’t think Jesus would mind, do you? He liked wine, that’s not that different from tequila, is it?
2) Speaking of Michelle, guess who was just here?!?! That’s right! Michelle! Only for about 24 hours, whilst her and Kevin were passing through visiting family, but we made the most of our time by shopping at the outlet mall! Weeee! It was great to see her, but it only made me miss her MORE!
3) Next Saturday is my last day at the farm in the zoo for the season. I have mixed feelings. It has been a loooooong summer working EVERY SINGLE SATURDAY, so I will be happy to have my weekends back. But? I will miss the animals, and I am not looking forward to seeing which of them are missing when I go back next year.
4) One little nugget of happiness is that some of the goats from the farm are going to Disney World! Not just to vist, oh no! To LIVE! At Animal Kingdom! How much does that frickin rock???? Lucky goats!
5) This past Monday I went to the volunteer orientation for a local animal shelter. I will take 5 classes in the next two weeks, and then I will start working at the shelter. I did not even realize how much I missed doing this type of work until I was sitting there at the orientation. I worked at an animal shelter the entire time we lived in KS, so… about 4 years, I am more proud of the work I did there than any other job I’ve had.
6) I realized that working at an animal shelter is the one job I feel so passionately about that I would work tirelessly and not even care that I don’t get paid.
7) Ummmm…. people? I feel it is my civic duty to inform you of a new reality show on Animal Planet. It is called Into the Pride. Dave Salmoni is a large predator expert who is living in the African bush trying to save a rogue pack of lions from being eliminated.
Here is a little blip from the website:
Dave must help a pride of “problem lions” learn to accept humans and support the growing eco-tourism in the area. Transplanted from the largest national park in Namibia to the Erindi Private Game Reserve, this pride is known for cattle raiding and aggression toward people. These are last-chance lions; if they don’t calm down, they will be destroyed. Dave’s challenge is clear — the only way to get into these lions’ heads is by getting on foot and heading straight into the pride. He has to forge relationships with every lion, from Brutus, the dominant male, to Rough and Tumble, the youngest cubs. Dave needs to become the first human they can trust.
That might not grab your attention. Sooooo…. you should know….. this is what Dave looks like:
8) It’s on at 7pm Central time, Thursday night. Sometimes he takes bathes in the bushes. heh.
9) Only 2 weeks until Mandi and baby Lynea come to see me!
10) Only 36 days until I go to Arizona to see Diane and baby Cole!!
11) I miss you Internets. Come back.