|7 Things….||Jul 8, ’07 11:07 PM
for Mel ‘s contacts
(Okay. Now I just sat here for 10 minutes trying to figure out what the hell defines me…. so weeeeeee? Not. so. much.)
1. Errrr, being a Mom. I guess that I think it should be my first one, because no one is more important to me than my kids. I didn’t think I wanted to be a mom, but I can’t imagine my life without them. I work hard to be a good Mom, and I think I am doing a damn fine job.
2. Fear. I am afraid of a lot of things. Spiders, dark roads at night, getting old, not living enough before I die, etc…. but I think fear is a great motivator. I don’t let fear stop me from doing anything. I usually do things BECAUSE I am afraid of them, because I want to conquer that fear. I am terribly afraid of heights, makes me feel wiggly inside just THINKING about being up somewhere high, but know what I would REALLY love to do? Go ski-diving. And I will! I just don’t know when yet.
3. My sense of humor. I like to laugh, A LOT. I like to be around people that laugh a lot. I can find the humor in almost any situation, and I love to make fun of myself and the things that happen to me. If I have made someone laugh? Then it is a GOOOOOOOOD day.
4. My illness. I sometimes resent that it defines major portions of my life, but it does. It shapes what kinds of activities I can participate in, and some days it determines what kind of mood I am in. But, I also think it has taught me (and my children) to be more compassionate and empathetic towards other people.
5. Being unique. Or maybe quirky a better word? I mean that I have always just done my own thing. I have never been a follower. I wear what I want to wear, say what I want to say, go where I want to go…. I don’t worry if people will think I am strange, or if other people are doing it… If I want to dance, I dance! If I want to sing, I sing! I don’t care if YOU think I suck either! I just tell myself you are jealous!
6. My friends. I think life is pretty boring if you aren’t surrounded with lots of interesting people. My parents never had friends over when I was growing up, and I didn’t want to be like that. Life is more fun when you have people to share it with, so I have lots of pretty terrific friends and they make me very happy. I love looking at my testimonials here in 360, because so many of you mean so much to me, and it makes me so happy that you can tell what kind of person I really am. Even if we haven’t met! YET!!!
7. My heart. I am a pretty emotional person. If you are my friend? If I love you? You better be prepared. I will cry if you cry. I will probably cry even if you AREN’T crying. I try to save animals ALL THE TIME. I brake (if it is safe, don’t freak out) for butterflies. I stop everytime I see a turtle, to help it safely off the road. I have found dogs wandering and returned them to their owners too many times to remember, I even do it if it is just a town I am passing thru. I can’t help it. It takes me days to get over accidentally running something over, even if it is a frog or something. I worked at an animal shelter for four years, even though I cried almost EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. If I care about you? I will do anything for you, I will probably drive you NUTS trying to help you be happy. I can’t help it.
I am who I am and that’s all that I am! heehee! I think that is a Popeye quote.