|Tuesday Thoughts||Jan 22, ’08 7:21 PM
for Mel ‘s friends, Mel ‘s family and Mel ‘s online buddies
1) These are my sisters. From left to right, me, my younger sister Cara (Sam Sam on Multiply), my older sister Julie (dulieo on Multiply), and my youngest sister Kristen.
After Cara picked me up on Saturday we went to The Mall of America. I haven’t been there since Carsten was about two… and WOW, do I love that place.
After a few hours of shopping and some lunch, I went to my sister Cara’s house. We watched Hairspray (it was really funny!) and ate pizza for dinner.
2) If you haven’t heard Stac is in remission! I am SUPER excited for her… it is REALLY great news. I still miss her terribly, but I am at least happy that she got fabulous news after I left… so now she isn’t feeling down anymore!
3) This weekend I am going to go to the theatre to see Sweeney Todd. I LOVE the theatre, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE musicals. So, even though Sweeney Todd is about a murderer whose girlfriend grinds up the dead people into meat pies (EEP! SCARY!) I am STILL excited to see it! Singing about murder! What’s not to love????
4) Then the weekend AFTER this one is when I go to TN to see Michelle and Katie and pick up Velcro. YAY! I am SO frickin excited to meet them BOTH I can hardly stand it!
5) It is raining here, and if it dips below freezing I am afraid school will be cancelled tomorrow. People here are C-R-A-Z-Y. Last week it snowed here, and I read the article from the local paper outloud to Stacey to make her laugh. It was all about how people stocked up on water, milk and bread and were afraid of getting snowed in and the forecast was for TWO inches of snow. TWO INCHES PEOPLE! WTH?
6) Annoying neighbor lady called me yesterday to see if I made it back safely. Then she just HAD to tell me a story about how Cody had been over to her house and told her that he “wished he had a Mom like her.” The thing is, CODY. DIDN’T. SAY. IT. I wasn’t even mad at him, because 13 year old’s say stuff like that, right? But, I just told him I wished he wouldn’t say it to HER, because she has a tendancy to rub it in. And he was like, WAIT…. WHAT?!?! I didn’t say that AT ALL Mom! I even said, it’s ok if you did Cody, I know you might feel like that sometimes. And he started getting upset because he didn’t say it. So, then I believed him and felt like going over there to karate chop her in the throat. I mean, WTH Lady? W? T? H?
7) Carsten needed some new storage for her room, when a antique basket I bought her started falling apart. So, last night I got her these at Target.com, aren’t they SO cute? I got her two sets of them, and I can’t wait for them to get here! Then I can organize some more! WOOT!
8) I am running out of topics… I guess I am boring lately.
9) I wish Leece would start her online book club, because I got really excited when she mentioned it, and it has made me want to go back to the local bookstore and see if there are book clubs again. (Wait, did she start it and I missed it? Or was I not invited???? GASP!) Anyhoodle, remember the last time I did that? The bookstore told me they shut down the book club, because the members liked their group and didn’t want to deal with “new people”… and trust me, no one wants to hear me RANT about SC people again, which I will DO if I find out something like THAT again.
10) TEN! I am here! But, what to tell you? Hmmmm. I just found out that one of Carsten’s classmates lives in our neighborhood! A little girl that actually has a Mom that I LIKE! WOW! Yay! I have NO idea why I have never seen her in the neighborhood before, but I don’t care, I am just SO HAPPY I found out now! Let the playdates begin! In fact? I will be calling her TOMORROW if there is a snow day!