|Tasty Tuesday!||Mar 11, ’08 2:50 PM
for Mel ‘s contacts
MMmm! Mel made some yummy soup last night, so I am sharing with YOU!
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 4 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked tiny shell pasta
- In a large pot over medium high heat, combine the onion soup mix, carrots and water and bring to a boil, cooking until carrots are tender. Add the tomatoes, green beans, chicken broth and mixed vegetables, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper. Roll into tiny, bite size meatballs and add to the soup.
- Simmer for another 20 minutes, then add the pasta. Simmer for another 15 minutes, or until meatballs and pasta are fully cooked.
MMMMM! It was SO good and it was done in less than 45 minutes!
This weekend Carsten had a friend stay overnight. So, I decided to make something super yummy for Sunday breakfast. There is nothing better than waking up to your Mommy making something that smells delicious! I have a stand by Monkey Bread recipe that I use… but sometimes it is fun to try a variation of the recipe, so that is what I decided to do! Once I had it put all together I felt almost excited to fall asleep so breakfast would come sooner! But the WHOLE evening Carsten’s friend Morgan seemed less than excited about what I was making. Finally I decided to talk to her about it,
Me – What’s wrong? Don’t you like Monkey Bread?
Morgan – Well, it just doesn’t sound very good!
Me – It IS good! It is delicious.
Morgan – It doesn’t sound like it. *pout *groan
Carsten – Monkey Bwed is SOOOO good Morgan, you just don’t know!
Morgan – I just don’t understand!!!!!
Me – What don’t you understand?
Morgan – How do you even eat Monkey Breath?
Me – Breath? OMG! NO! BREAD! Not BREATH! hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
So…. after I clarified that I was not baking up some stinky monkey breath, she and Carsten dissolved into giggles on the floor and Morgan decided she was MUCH more excited! And it turned out SO yummy!
- 24 ounces frozen dinner roll dough
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- The night before, grease and flour a 9 inch tube pan. Mix brown sugar and pudding mix together. Mix white sugar and cinnamon together. Place frozen dinner rolls in pan a layer at a time. Sprinkle brown sugar and pudding mix over first layer of rolls. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon mixture over the brown sugar and pudding mixture. Spread half the nuts and melted butter over first layer. Repeat with the next layer.
- Place on counter over night, cover with a towel. The next morning bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 30 minutes. Let stand a few minutes and turn pan over onto serving platter.
Tonight we are having chef salads and Carsten and I are going to try to make some homemade croutons! Because Carsten could eat THREE THOUSAND croutons in ONE salad! And I don’t like to share! So there is NEVER enough croutons! I will let you know how it goes!